Worthing Town FC will be following strict guidelines set out by the Government and the FA with regards to our return to training following the global Covid-19 pandemic. (see this document at the bottom of the page).
There will be teams that wish to resume training sessions and as a football club we will support this, however, if (as a manager/coach) you do not wish to carry out training sessions or (as a player) do not wish to attend training sessions then you do not have to. This is simply for those teams / groups that want to.
Key Points relating to the Return to Training
- All training related to Worthing Town FC must take place at Palatine Park
- All participating players must be accompanied by an adult that stays throughout the session
- Training sessions will be given an allocated time slot by the football club
- Training sessions will be given an allocated location in the park
- A new one way system from the car park to the field and from the field back to the car park will be implemented
- There must be no more than five players per training session (the sixth person is the coach)
- There will be a separate allocated spectator area(s) for each training area
- Each coach / manager in charge of a training area will be required to keep a register of those in attendance
- All training sessions will be supervised by a member of the club committee
- There will be no access to the clubhouse / toilet facilities
- There will be no access to the compound / shed at this time
- Each team should use their own balls, cones and (if required) bibs.
- The club will provide anti-bacterial wipes / spray for cleaning footballs and cones at sessions.
- There will be suitable hand sanitizer for cleaning of hands before and after sessions.
Training Areas / Entry & Exit to the Park
There are six training areas to be marked on the field, 25yd x 25yd squares for use by a maximum of five players plus one coach per session. If your team is training in multiple training areas then the players must not move between areas and the coaches must not move between areas. For example, if you have 10 players and two coaches, each coach can work with five players for the duration of the session but you cannot swap coaches part way through or switch any players between each group.
Training sessions will be staggered to allow entry and exit without crowding. Parents are asked to arrive no more than five minutes before and depart promptly after to allow smooth change-over of sessions. There is a new one-way system from the car park to the field and from the field back to the car park. Once you have parked your car please walk through the car park and down the footpath by the clubhouse to the corner where the kiosk is situated - from here you will be able to access your training / spectator area. Hand sanitizer is available outside the clubhouse and should be used by all attendees to Palatine Park. The clubhouse will remain locked and closed. There is no access to toilets or refreshments. When leaving the park to return to the car park please do so at the divide between the car park and the overflow car park. Again, there will be hand sanitizer available to use.
Managers will be encouraged to keep good time to
allow space for the next sessions to start. Managers
will be provided with appropriate cleaning sprays /
wipes for cones and footballs - cleaning should take
place between sessions.
As you can imagine there are a number of changes to
football as you would know it in order to meet
Government / FA regulations relating to
social-distancing and ensuring safety and well-being
of those taking part, whether they be players, coaches
or spectators. The Club Welfare team and committee
members will be on-site to supervise and support to ensure that regulations are adhered to. Should the capacity of a spectator area exceed the relevant Government guidelines then some people may be asked to watch from a further distance.
Training Sessions Schedule - From Saturday 13th June 2020
If any team manager would like to fill any of the 'Available' slots please contact the club at: